Thursday, November 4, 2010

Safe

ACTS 1:8
But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."
I believe inside of all of us is something of great value. There is a part of everyone that is especially designed by our maker Jesus Christ. I’m finding in myself that God will allow me to do many things and some of them He will allow me to do well, but God is always in one way or another pointing me to a very special God designed area of my life. The more time I spend with Him the more I begin to discover  the point of my life. I wish I could explain in great detail what I have discovered but I cant because God rarely ever gives me the details. I am finding out that many of the things I do well are not the most important parts of me. You know every now and again something “turns on” inside of me. Wether its on stage, while I am preaching, or just having a one on one conversation. There is something in me that come’s out and there is this undeniable and overwhelming reality that what is coming out of me in that moment is heavenly. The atmosphere for me goes from passionate to powerful. If you minister in anyway at all then you know exactly what I am talking about. Some people that grow up in church call it the Anointing. Many people try to recreate the situations they where in when they experienced it or try to make a system and box it up, but no matter how many forms of imitation are out there, there is nothing like the real holy undeniable power of God.  Wether you are speaking verbally into someones life, giving a blanket to someone in need, or just holding a door open for someone, every now and again something our heart opens up and there is a power that we feel as representatives of Jesus. I honestly find myself as a minister chasing those moments or just looking for the next time that part of me comes alive. Like I said earlier I don’t have any details. I have been asking God a few questions though. Why does this happen at, what seems, random times in my ministry? Is there a way to tap into that part of me or is there something I need to do to make it more prevalent in my life? What is the point of these moments? What is the next step for me to be on my way to discovering more about it?
So...Im on a voyage right now to discover the part of me that I think is my life force. Bigger than oxygen, bigger than the need for community or knowledge. I want to know more about this Holy and precious thing that lives inside of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment